Bug 69903 newt -- Why no progress?

The cursor tracking problem first reported against newt well over a year
ago, and recently re-opened as the community of blind users tracked down
the problem and created the resolution patch, continues unresolved as
shown by Bugzilla just a few moments ago. May I point out that this fix
is extremely important to thousands of users of Speakup worldwide?

So, is there a problem with the fix submitted? It would be most helpful
to have newt working properly in Cambridge.