Re: rhl website?

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 08:37, FÃliciano Matias wrote:
> Le mer 06/08/2003 Ã 15:23, Steve Bergman a Ãcrit :
> > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 06:28, Alex Kanavin wrote:
> > > Any idea when it's going to be back?
> >

> It's more calm currently. I have 1640 mails in my rhl-beta mailbox.
>
> Take a look here : https://listman.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/

Thanks!  I feel better now that I have seen some interaction and some
posts from "Linux Luminaries".

I guess I'm a bit nervous over this change.  I'm not a developer beyond
doing some custom scripting and programming for my (rather small)
clients.  My contribution (other than general cheer leading) is in
implementing Linux based systems for clients.  I depend very heavily on
the "consumer" version since I need the latest and greatest desktop
stuff to compete effectively with XP and the price helps me win out over
windows as well.  (Not to mention if we need a box *right now*, I can
just do it when my MSCE coworkers {who outnumber me} have to formally
get a copy of Windows on order, etc, etc., etc.)

It was the rather bleak look of rhl.redhat.com that prompted me to join
the lists to see how much or little action there actually was.

So as I understand it, while development of the release is opening up,
RedHat will still provide strong leadership?  There's a reason I choose
RH and it has a lot to do with the way RH has it's head on straight.
The no nonsense approach to the desktop in 8.0 and 9 is impressive.
Very business-like.  Much easier to navigate.  And there really is
something to the "less is more" concept.  I'm actually enjoying using
Gnome and I've been a KDE fan since pre 1.0.

I really hope to see more of the same from the "RHL project".

I hate to seem like a freeloader (and I've purchased more than a few
boxed sets for myself) but the consumer releases, downloaded or
purchased, are just more suitable for my users than any of the
enterprise offerings and I'm sure I'm not alone.  i.e.what happens here
is really important.

-Steve