Re: More verizon problems

Gene Heskett wrote:
Resend, with more odd data from fetchmail.log appended.

Just for a heads up, for about the last 8 hours, verizon, my ISP, has been inserting themselves into the path between my gmail account and my local fetchmail of this email subcription at pop.gmail.com.

Worse yet they are bouncing the messages in a way that makes it look as if I
sent them when they in fact originated at vger.kernel.org. Somehow they have convinced themselves that any mailing list this busy must be spam and is to be bounced. Either that or they, verizon, since they sleep with M$, have taken a large under the table payment to screw with linux in any way they can. It bears investigating.

I called just now and screamed bloody murder at tech support, and in about 15 minutes I started getting the list again, BUT they are still in the path between vger and my fetchmail daemon as shown below.

Or at least that is how I am interpreting the incoming headers, which now look like this by the time they hit my inbox but with my SA headers clipped:
-----------------------
 by mailbag1.bizmailsrvcs.net with esmtp (Exim 4.68)
 (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
 id 1J5XG9-00052G-Du    for [email protected]; Thu,
 20 Dec 2007 20:05:09 -0600

Right here I see that google forwarded your mail from their (google) server sending to the bizmailsrvcs.net (verizon) server, and VZ didn't jump in the path, google put them there.

 <[email protected]>; Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:08:08 -0800 (PST)

Most likely cause is that you forwarded mail from google to verizon, which is probably a bad thing on many levels.

Not Verizon's fault.

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>