Re: Trailing periods in kernel messages

> Documentation/Coding Style
>
> 		Chapter 13: Printing kernel messages
>
> Kernel messages do not have to be terminated with a period.

This piece of the document is wrong. It should also be changed. I've no
idea how such a ludicrous statement ever got into the Coding Style but I
have never seen it discussed and an archive search suggests it just
sneaked in without any kind of approval and discussion the list.

Kernel messages are in English. Let us keep it that way. Missing
punctuation is equated by many parts of the English speaking world with
poor quality, sloppy products and low levels of education. These are not
things with which we wish to be associated IMHO.

NAK to the patch.

Alan