Re: INITIO scsi driver fails to work properly

On Dec 19, 2007 9:05 AM, Matthew Wilcox <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:50:40AM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> > So, to get the best of both worlds, file a bugzilla and note the bugid.
> > Then email a complete report to the relevant list, but add [BUG <bugid>]
> > to the subject line and cc [email protected]  If you do
> > this, bugzilla will keep track of the entire discussion as it progresses
> > and allow those who track bugs through bugzilla to get a pretty accurate
> > idea of the status.  You should never need to touch bugzilla again once
> > the initial bug report is filed: all future information flow is via the
> > mailing lists.
>
> The problem is that it appears to the casual observer as if they can
> then add information to the bug through the web interface.  But that
> information will never be forwarded to the mailing list.  Unless there's
> a way of marking bugs as 'unchangable through the web interface' or 'all
> messages appended to this bug need to be forwarded', Bugzilla just
> doesn't fit our needs.
>
> The Debian BTS fits our way of working much better.  Perhaps somebody
> should investigate a migration.

This is excellent observation by Matthew and James. There is no magic
in bugzilla not being loved, it is just "not the right set of features
for effective work on a problem". It doesn't support multiple
developer' collaboration well.
This distaste is not universal, since some people don't have a problem
with bugzilla as is, maybe those who tend to work on problems
"alone"...
But making it to be a workable tool for everyone is definitely worth it.
Any other favorite bugzillas that are nice to work with and that have
the advantage above?