Re: Possible locking issue in viotape.c

Daniel Walker wrote:
>> Yes, you are right, I hadn't finished looking at all of the up() calls
>> when I came to my conclusion.  I will try to convert a few that are not
>> on your list, but I would like to know how you are generating your
>> patches into those files with the diffstat and recipient list.  Is that
>> a feature of some git command?
>
> Git may have a similar feature, but I'm using a tool call Quilt. It's
> used for managing a list of patches, and it can automatically add a
> diffstat to the patch header (part of the quilt refresh command). I also
> use it for emailing a list of patches.

Yes, I've used quilt for working with mm patches in the past, but I'm
not too familiar with the mail features.  For example, how do you get
the recipient list and Signed-off-by in the patch file?  Do you just
edit it by hand?  Or is there some guide to quilt I should be reading?
I looked at the guide in /usr/share/doc/quilt/quilt.pdf, but it didn't
have anything about email.  /usr/share/doc/quilt/README.MAIL has the
details of all of the mail options, but doesn't give a nice example of
what to do with the patch file and how to call 'quilt mail'.

--
Kevin Winchester