Re: Bug: get EXT3-fs error Allocating block in system zone

Linus Torvalds schrieb:

But the disk errors are something else, doesn't ring a bell. Sounds like IO corruption on the group descriptor block or something like that. Might be worth testing to see if the problem goes away with less than 4GB of RAM..

Thanks, I'll try this, to see if there's a dependency on that. But it's not a really solution for a virtualization system to work with less memory ;-). I also read that there's maybe a problem with intel graphics media accelerator driver in conjunction with more than 4GB RAM and kernel will hang on boot, but I think this is fixed, I can boot. So securly, I put out i915 series drivers and frame buffer support in kernel config. The grahpics adapter onboard works with shared memory technology. I configured 128M in BIOS...