Re: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks

* Andi Kleen <[email protected]> wrote:

> > debugging feature can be disabled/enabled on a wide scale already:
> >
> >  - in the .config
> >
> >  - runtime, temporarily, via:
> >
> >      echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs
>
> That won't address my concerns about already "breaking" (as in
> frightening the user etc.) common error handling scenarios by default.

wow, now you again use big scary words like "breaking" and
"frightening", with is a nice addition to the ticking timebomb
metaphore.

Andi, sadly you are not listening AT ALL, you are repeating the same
argument again and again that has been disputed and countered. Either
come up with a new argument or please stop wasting everyone's time.

It is undisputable that for most users an unexplained hang is far more
"frightening" than a hang followed by an explanation in the syslog. That
is a _hard fact_, and if you cannot accept that it's really your
cognitive problem not ours...

	Ingo