Re: + restore-missing-sysfs-max_cstate-attr.patch added to -mm tree

Mark Lord wrote:
Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:44:25 -0500
Mark Lord <[email protected]> wrote:
all you need to do in your kernel module is call
set_acceptable_latency("mark", 5);

and to remove the constraint again you just do

remove_acceptable_latency("mark");
..
Then why not have a sysfs entry for scripts to write tsoro
to trigger the exact same end result?  :)

that's what is in current -mm pretty much
well not sysfs, but it goes via a file descriptor
(so that if the process that sets the contraint dies, the latency
requirement can be given up automatically)

But doesn't that approach also make it nearly impossible to script ????

Okay, I have a working trivial kernel module that I can load/unload
to tweak this.  But a simple sysfs attribute would be *so much* better
as a permanent kernel feature.

Binary interfaces (fd) are fine for some uses, but not nice for scripts.

Cheers