Re: freeze vs freezer

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Well, this is more-or-less how we all imagine that should be done eventually.
>
> The main problem is how to implement it without causing too much breakage.
> Also, there are some dirty details that need to be taken into consideration.

For Xen suspend/resume, I'd like to use the freezer to get all threads
into a known consistent state (where, specifically, they don't have any
outstanding pagetable updates pending).  In other words, the freezer as
it currently stands is what I want, modulo some of these issues where it
gets caught up unexpectedly.  If threads end up getting frozen anywhere
preempt isn't explicitly disabled, it wouldn't work for me.