Re: 2.6.24-rc3: find complains about /proc/net

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Monday, 19 of November 2007, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I think that this worked before:
>>
>> root@amd:/proc# find . -name "timer_info"
>> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for ./net: this may be a bug
>> in your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf
>> option.  Earlier results may have failed to include directories that
>> should have been searched.
>> root@amd:/proc#
>
> I'm seeing that too.

I have a better things with 2.6.24-rc3 ;)

# cd /proc/net
# ls ..
ls: reading directory ..: Not a directory

and this

# cd /proc
# find
./net
find: . changed during execution of find
# find net
find: net changed during execution of find
# find net/
<this works ok however>

Moreover. Program that opens /proc/net and dumps the /proc/self/fd
files produces the following:

# cd /
# a.out /proc/net
lr-x------  1 root root 64 Nov 20 18:02 3 -> /proc/net/net (deleted)
# cd /proc/net
# a.out .
lr-x------  1 root root 64 Nov 20 18:03 3 -> /proc/net/net (deleted)
# a.out ..
lr-x------  1 root root 64 Nov 20 18:03 3 -> /proc/net

This all is somehow related to the shadow proc files.
E.g. the first problem (with -ENOTDIR) is due to the shadow /proc/net
dentry doesn't implement the .readdir method:

static const struct file_operations proc_net_dir_operations = {
        .read                   = generic_read_dir,
};

And I haven't managed to find out why the rest problems
occur...

Eric, do you have fixes for it?