Re: MMC sub-system: SDIO block-mode with increment address issue

Hi Pierre,

IMHO the issue is there is no upper bound limit to the valid address
range in sdio_io_rw_ext_helper() in sdio_io.c.

I call sdio_memcpy_toio() as it enables the incrementing address flag in
the CMD53 command but if I try passing too much data then the actual
address of the subsequent CMD53 commands are erroneously incremented out
of range.

The difficulty is the SDIO card can transfer 8 blocks in a single CMD53
command using the incrementing address flag. However
sdio_io_rw_ext_helper() will not prevent the attempt at sending 9 blocks
transferred as 2 CMD53 commands of 8 blocks + 1 block and the last block
goes to the wrong address. This causes a big system crash. I suspect the
SDIO card internally resets and the MMC sub-system can't handle the
error condition.

This means the card driver needs to know that it cannot use
sdio_memcpy_toio() to send any size of data but must ensure it does not
exceed 8 blocks before calling sdio_memcpy_toio(). IMHO this makes the
card driver undesirably tightly coupled with the core driver. OK. I'll
workaround it using multiple calls to sdio_memcpy_toio().

BTW. Is the API for the exported SDIO core functions documented
anywhere ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Dean.