Re: Is it possible to give the user the option to cancel forkbombs?

Andi Kleen <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pretty much all the per process limits would need to be per uid to be really
> useful in general. I'm hoping that we'll get some of that out of the recent

You've hit the nail on the head.  I've always liked to have
per-uid limits on network sockets too as otherwise you either
have to cope with some rogue user taking all your TCP memory
away or worse all of your kernel memory.  Luckily the former
isn't fatal because each TCP socket has a guaranteed 4K so they
will still operate but it's still suboptimal.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>