Re: [patch 08/16] skge: fix ram buffer size calculation

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:27:25AM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I can't reproduce the users problem with the hardware I have. And
> without the patch the dual
> port board doesn't work. So it is a question of regression, versus
> fixing pre-existing bugs.
> I am okay with reverting the patch, as a temporary state, but concerned
> with how
> to make progress in fixing this.

I can reproduce the bug in a second. I will test any version you send
me. I take it you have tested the driver on gigabit ethernet by sending
zero from one netcat to another (the sending machine being something,
and the receiving machine being skge)?

The only thing that needed to be done for the last 6 patches in the
mainline was reversing the order of two register writes, meaning that
the dual port stuff need not be thrown away. This was explained in my
bug report (that was hard to read). I'm not suggesting this is a proper
fix. In fact, I think it's not, because we can not explain the problem.

It would _very_ nice to get to the bottom of this issue, so I would
favor reverting the patch and trying and debugging carefully before
creating quick and dirty fixes..

Thank you all..

--
Heikki Orsila			Barbie's law:
[email protected]		"Math is hard, let's go shopping!"