Re: [patch 08/16] skge: fix ram buffer size calculation

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> I can't reproduce the users problem with the hardware I have. And
> without the patch the dual port board doesn't work. So it is a question
> of regression, versus fixing pre-existing bugs.

Yeah. Five years ago I might have said that it's important to fix
pre-existing bugs, but all the ACPI and suspend etc problems have long
since convinced me that regressions are *much* more important than stuff
that never worked.

> I am okay with reverting the patch, as a temporary state, but concerned
> with how to make progress in fixing this.

Well, the original bug-report did contain a suggested workaround too.

		Linus