Re: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:29:54 +0000 Russell King <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:13:19PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:32:19PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> > > There's another issue I want to raise concerning bugzilla.  We have the
> > > classic case of "not enough people reading bugzilla bugs" - which is one
> > > of the biggest problems with bugzilla.  Virtually no one in the ARM
> > > community looks for ARM bugs in bugzilla.
> > >
> > > Let's not forget that it would be a waste of time for people to manually
> > > check bugzilla for ARM bugs.  There's soo few people reporting ARM bugs
> > > into bugzilla that a weekly manual check by every maintainer would just
> > > return the same old boring results for months and months at a time.
> >
> > What about having all ARM bugs in Bugzilla by default assigned to
> > [email protected]? [1]
>
> That would also work, probably much better than setting up yet another
> list.

cpufreq (at least) does it this way.  I don't know how well it is turning
out in practice.

It's useful if the initial report makes it clear (ie; to me) that the report
has already gone to a mailing list so I don't go and forward a duplicate.

But there are so few arm reports in bugzilla that this is all rather moot.

> My experience of trying to get mbligh to do this when I stopped looking
> after PCMCIA stuff was *extremely* painful.  Wonder if it's become any
> easier of late?

He's a bad, bad man ;)

But he's been turning these things around pretty rapidly lately.