Re: [poll] Is the megafreeze development model broken?

On 2007-11-12, Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
> Geeks like you and me want the latest software
> (I'm using Debian unstable/testing).
>
> But most users want a Linux installation that simply works - and this
> includes all software on the system at all times.

I'm not in either category. I want a truly stable (as in "quality", not
as in "static" as the distros use the term) base system that simply
works, but I want to follow certain interesting software more closely.
I also doubt the average luser wants the broken software that distros
include in their megafrozen "stable" collections. Of course, most of
the software that the average luser wants is much better supported
than tested than marginal software, but they do occasionally venture
there, and get crap.

--
Tuomo