Re: [2.6 patch] x86 kprobes_64.c: make 3 functions static

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:06:09AM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 07:03:26 +0100
> Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > This patch makes the following needlessly global functions static:
> > - kprobe_handler()
> > - trampoline_probe_handler()
> > - post_kprobe_handler()
> >

> while I appreciate your cleanups, I would like to ask you to be a bit
> careful with the x86/ ones; some of these are for now deliberate to
> make unification between the 32 and 64 ones possible.. eg we're working
> on getting the more cosmetic (and in this context, removing a static is
> more or less cosmetic) changes away so that "diff" shows us the *real*
> differences between the 32 and 64 bit versions... adding back in the
> static is the opposite direction ;)
>
> So.. if you find ones that are real for both 32 and 64 bit, by all
> means, but otherwise be a bit careful..

I tried to ensure that my cleanup patches do not make the 32 and 64 bit
versions more different.

And e.g. in this case the kprobe_handler() and post_kprobe_handler()
statifications remove the cosmetic difference of the 64bit ones not
being static.  ;-)

Anyway, if any or all of my patches conflict with any other work simply
ignore them and I'll resend them after 2.6.25-rc1 (if they still both
apply and make sense).

> Greetings,
>    Arjan van de Ven

cu