Re: Patch tags [was writeout stalls in current -git]

> This seems like as good an opportunity as any to toss my patch tags
> document out there one more time.  I still think it's a good idea to
> codify some sort of consensus on what these tags mean...
>
> jon

[snip]

> +By offering my Reviewed-by: tag, I state that:
> +
> + (a) I have carried out a technical review of this patch to evaluate its
> +     appropriateness and readiness for inclusion into the mainline kernel.
> +
> + (b) Any problems, concerns, or questions relating to the patch have been
> +     communicated back to the submitter.  I am satisfied with the
> +     submitter's response to my comments.
> +
> + (c) While there may be things that could be improved with this submission,
> +     I believe that it is, at this time, (1) a worthwhile modification to
> +     the kernel, and (2) free of known issues which would argue against its
> +     inclusion.
> +
> + (d) While I have reviewed the patch and believe it to be sound, I do not
> +     (unless explicitly stated elsewhere) make any warranties or guarantees
> +     that it will achieve its stated purpose or function properly in any
> +     given situation.

How about adding a Commented-on-by?

Initial version(s) that are not suitable or still shaping up are
commented-on by several people. A person who comments on one version
might not do a thorough review of the entire code, but through a
series of comments has contributed by pushing the developer in the
correct direction.

Balbir