Re: [RFC] cpuset relative memory policies - second choice

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Paul Jackson wrote:

> We were discussing libnuma here, not glibc.  The system call wrappers
> are in glibc.  System call wrappers should not be setting optional
> flags.  They should just make the system call -- do whatever magic it
> takes to get the provided arguments into the right registers or other
> conventionally determined places, and invoke the necessary machine
> instruction to trap into the kernel.

So there is no problem with allowing modal flags to be passed to
set_mempolicy() because glibc will respect the mode actual and pass it
right along to the kernel.  That gives the power to the programmer to
specify whether he or she, based on the updated documentation, wants the
nodemask to be interpreted in terms of the system or cpuset.

		David