Re: Issue building kernel driver

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 12:39:06PM -0500, Chris Holvenstot wrote:

> Although it may not be popular with the crowd here, I do have a valid
> reason to run Windows - and I accomidate this using the VirtualBox
> product.
>
> Since I try to be slightly useful and build as many of the "test" kernel
> images I can I end up rebuilding the VirtualBox kernel driver (open
> source) on an almost daily basis.
> I am not sure if this should be reported to the kernel folks or the
> VirtualBox folks - but the kernel code is what changed.  However I will
> post this on the VirtualBox forum too.

We had a (different) bug report involving exactly this external driver
at some older post 2.6.23 kernel where it turned out it was a problem in
this driver - and this one also looks really like a problem in their
driver.

Generally, problems with external drivers should be reported to the
vendors of these drivers and not here (unless it's clear it's a bug in
the kernel and not in the driver).

> Thanks

cu
Adrian