Re: [2.6.23] IBM X41 looses time after Suspend2Disk

Hello Rafael, Pavel!

Thank you both for the fast help.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:05:10PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Monday, 29 October 2007 21:19, Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:
> > I have an IBM X41 tablet pc running 2.6.23 with the following problem:
> > Suspend2Ram work fine, but when I do a Suspend2Disk (echo disk >
> > /sys/power/state), the notebook hangs showing the following lines:
> >         Suspending console(s)
> >
> > When I repeatedly press some keys or move the TrackPoint, the SwSusp
> > continues and the notebook powers off.
> > On reboot, the notebook resumes but hangs showing the following screen:
> >         Suspending console(s)
> >
> > Generating interrupts by pressing keys or moving the TrackPoints makes
> > the resume continue. But after that, the notebook looses time, xterms
> > don't get updated until I press a key, the beeper beeps until I press a
> > key, etc.
> Please try to do "echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk" before hibernation and
> see what happens.

I'm already doing that.

> Also, is it an SMP kernel or UP?

UP.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:24:14PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Yep, I seen that before. Try "nohz=off".

Okay, that seems to solve the "timer loosing time after resume" problem.

But I still need to press some keys on suspend (7-12 key presses and
releases) to unhang it. On resume not key presses are needed any more.

During on suspend-resume cycle ACPI barfed afer resume spewing messages
without end (error during execution of methode \...THM, error evaulation
operand ...) I had to remove the battery and pull the power-plug to
reboot it.

BYtE
Philipp
--