RE: [patch] PCI: disable MSI on more ATI NorthBridges

Quoting  "David G"
> "Here" as in "here at AMD"?! I'm stunned...
> Both AMD and the former ATI should have quite some experience?!

When I used "here", I was just meaning our youthful linux southbridge
drivers team instead of the whole AMD. Sorry for the confusion to you.

Quoting "Linas"
> As someone else pointed out, AMD should have *lots* of people with
> pci and msi experience on the payroll. (Folks here buy AMD-designed
> pci chips ...)

Yes, absolutely AMD has lots of people with PCI and MSI experience,
but this MSI issue is mainly under the debug of our team now.
I think our team will cooperate with other teams more closely to provide
linux chipset support besides fixing the MSI problem in the future.

Quoting "Jeff"
> Take a look at tg3.c net driver change
> 2fbe43f6f631dd7ce19fb1499d6164a5bdb34568 which is a similar
> situation. However, it may turn out that removing the pci_intx()
> stuff as a general rule is easier than quirking these devices, if enough
> of them turn out to have this hardware bug. The tg3.c change should
> illustrate how to fix immediately, though.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will continue to debug this problem next
Monday when I'm back to the office.

Thanks
Best Regards

Shane