Re: What still uses the block layer?

> This is where we disagree.  The existence of devices you cannot stably
> enumerate does not eliminate the existence of devices you trivially can.

"trivially"

You are I assume familiar in full with EDD 3.0, EDD 1.x and the Ralf
Brown documentation on the BIOS drive mappings and tables for different
BIOSes ?

If you are then you could add EDD 1.x spport, FADT parsing and update the
EDD driver to produce links to the drives in BIOS map order. Would be
quite useful but very few people on the planet actually know all the
arcana to do this.

Alan