Re: [GIT PULL] kbuild updates

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 07:08:53PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> >
> > This set of commits are the kbuild stuff that does not
> > conflict with the pending x86 merge.
>
> Hmm. It does for me, actually.
I did not try it out obviously - I just removed everything touching x86_64/i386.
This is the SRCARCH changes in top-level Makefile.

> I fixed up the trivial conflict in the main Makefile, but that seems to
> leave $(ARCH) entirely undefined in my case, so the end result doesn't
> work. That seems to have nothing to do with my conflict fixup, but is
> something else.
>
> It also gets a trivial conflict with the 'mmc' pull I just did, but that
> didn't seem problematic (mmc added a new case to scripts/mod/file2alias.c,
> and you added a free, both at the end of the same function) - but the x86
> merge conflict means that I decided that I'll let you sort it out. It's
> probably really trivial, but I'll merge the other stuff I have pending
> instead.

As Andrew has an issue with my geneius "save ARCH & CROSS_COMPILE" patch
this is perfect. I will sort out the conflicts and Andrew's use-case and
submit a new pull request.

	Sam