Re: Linux 2.6.23

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 13:54 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Finally.
>
> Yeah, it got delayed, not because of any huge issues, but because of
> various bugfixes trickling in and causing me to reset my "release clock"
> all the time. But it's out there now, and hopefully better for the wait.
>
> Not a whole lot of changes since -rc9, although there's a few updates to
> mips, sparc64 and blackfin in there.  Ignoring those arch updates, there's
> basically a number of mostly one-liners (mostly in drivers, but there's
> some networking fixes and soem VFS/VM fixes there too).
>
> Shortlog and diffstat appended (both relative to -rc9, of course - the
> full log from 2.6.22 is on kernel.org as usual).
>
> I want this to be what people look at for a few days, but expect the x86
> merge to go ahead after that. So far, all indications are still that it's
> going to be all smooth sailing, but hey, those indicators seem to always
> say that, and only after the fact do people notice any problems ;)
>
> 		Linus

Does CFS still generate the following sysbench graphs with 2.6.23, or
did that get fixed?

http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/linux-pgsql.png
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/linux-mysql.png

(There's also some interesting FreeBSD vs. Linux graphs in
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/Scalability%20Update.pdf , but
AFAIK those comparisons are more indicative of glibc malloc performance
than Linux performance.)

--
Nicholas Miell <[email protected]>