Re: 2.6.22.6: kernel BUG at fs/locks.c:171

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 15:09 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>
> >> Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
> >
> > Hmmhh, so now I rebooted and again tried to
> >
> > $ make
> >
> > the new kernel which again triggered this(?) BUG:
>
> I had a similar issue with 2.6.22.9, but as I had a proprietary nvidia
> module loaded, I didn't report it. X was not enabled, though.
>
> At this moment, the machine was spawning quite a bit of bash / awk etc.
> processes with large variables (50 MB or so), and used memory and CPU a lot.
>
> Normally, it's my desktop machine, and it's rarely on for more than ~12
> hours, but this time, I left it on for a couple of days.
>
> After this happened, these bash / awk processes died. After I restarted
> the script again, I lost ssh access to the machine, and I saw no more

I am afraid you are seeing some kind of hardware failure/bad driver
behavior, just the symptom is the same.

I am saying this as I have an uptime of 22 days with that very same
machine now. And all I changed was unloading the asus p7131 dvb-t driver
(saa71xx).

Soeren