Re: SLUB performance regression vs SLAB

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> I vaguely remembered something called orasim, so I went looking for it.
> I found http://oss.oracle.com/~wcoekaer/orasim/ which is dated from
> 2004, and I found http://oss.oracle.com/projects/orasimjobfiles/ which
> seems to be a stillborn project.  Is there anything else I should know
> about orasim?  ;-)

Too bad. If this would work then I would have a load to work against. I
have a patch here that may address the issue for SMP (no NUMA for now) by
batching all frees on the per cpu freelist and then dumping them in
groups. But it is likely not too wise to have you run your weeklong
tests on this one. Needs some more care first.