Re: Linux 2.6.23-rc9 and a heads-up for the 2.6.24 series..

* Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > Why don't you work with Thomas and Ingo to make sure everything is in
> > > sync and prepped for 2.6.24?
> >
> > The easiest way to do that would be to first merge all the queued
> > and collected patches from the last months. Once they are in people
> > can then create whatever mess they like.
> >
> > The other way round (adapting 100+ patches to a possibly completely
> > different tree) will be a huge amount of work which I am frankly not
> > very motivated to do because I think it's quite unnecessary.
> >
> > I would probably just push the work back to all the patch submitters
> > -- that is what I meant with dropping the patches.
>
> I picked up your queue at
>
> 	ftp://ftp.firstfloor.org/pub/ak/x86_64/quilt-current/current.tar.gz
>
> and converted it with the fixup script to:
>
> 	http://www.tglx.de/~tglx/patches-ak.tar.bz2
>
> Hope that helps,

thanks Thomas - i have applied this queue ontop of the unified arch/x86
tree (i skipped vdso-text-offset which change is already upstream) and
it built and booted fine on a couple of x86 systems - 32-bit and 64-bit
alike. So your script worked like a charm.

Andi, could you please send us the list of patches from the
current.tar.gz queue above that you consider 2.6.24 candidates? (and
please add to the list if there's anything else pending) Thanks,

	Ingo