Linux 2.6.23-rc9 and a heads-up for the 2.6.24 series..

I said I was hoping that -rc8 was the last -rc, and I hate doing this, but
we've had more changes since -rc8 than we had in -rc8. And while most of
them are pretty trivial, I really couldn't face doing a 2.6.23 release and
take the risk of some really stupid brown-paper-bag thing.

So there's a final -rc out there, and right now my plan is to make this
series really short, and release 2.6.23 in a few days. So please do give
it a last good testing, and holler about any issues you find!

This is also a good time to warn about the fact that we're doing the x86
merge very soon (as in the next day or two) after 2.6.23 is out, so if you
have pending patches for the next series that touch arch/i386 or x86-64,
you should get in touch with Thomas Gleixner and Ingo Molnar, who are the
keepers of the merge scripts, and will help you prepare..

Doing it as early as possible in the 2.6.24-rc4 series (basically I'll do
it first thing) will mean that we'll have the maximum amount of time to
sort out any issues, and the thing is, Thomas and Ingo already have a tree
ready to go, so people can check their work against that, and don't need
to think that they have to do any fixups after it his *my* tree. It would
be much better if everybody was just ready for it, and not taken by
surprise.

In other words, people who know they may be affected and would want to
prepare can look at (for example)

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/linux-2.6-x86.git x86

and generally get ready for the switch-over.

			Linus