Re: [03/17] is_vmalloc_addr(): Check if an address is within the vmalloc boundaries

On 19 Sep 2007, at 10:19, David Rientjes wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
Although it may cause a problem as highmem.h also includes mm.h so a bit of
trickery may be needed to get it to compile...

I suspect that is_vmalloc_addr() should not be in linux/mm.h at all and should be in linux/vmalloc.h instead and vmalloc.h should include linux/ highmem.h. That would be more sensible than sticking a vmalloc related function into
linux/mm.h where it does not belong...

That is why I suggested include/linux/vmalloc.h as its home in the first place. And no, adding an include for linux/highmem.h (and asm/ pgtable.h)
to linux/vmalloc.h does not work.

I am sure Christoph can figure out somewhere that it will work. After all, the code in that function already exists both as another function and open coded in several places and compiles fine there...

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/