Re: crashme fault

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So regardless of whether we want to trust "user_mode(regs)" more than
> "error_code & PF_USER", it would definitely be very interesting if you can
> give a good "this is where it started happening".

Also, can you point to good crashme sources, and give the arguments you
used to run it when it crashed?

The original gjc crashme doesn't even do a "mprotect(PROT_EXEC)" by
default (nor does it even compile on a modern unix), so it's not going to
do anything. I hacked it up, and it appears to work ok for me, but I'm not
at all confident that I'm even close to recreating what you are doing.

(It probably goes without saying that I've not reproduced the oops on my
Core 2 Duo. Lots of #GP and #PF errors, but nothing interesting.

		Linus