Re: stripping down the kernel-parameters.txt file

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  while killing some time between compiles and ridding the
kernel-parameters.txt file of out-of-date or incorrect cruft, it
occurs to me that that file is borderline valueless since it
apparently tries to document every possible boot-time parameter,
including those associated with individual modules.  that's just
silly.

"Silly" is such a negative word. I think it's aspirational. It probably can't be achieved, but that's no reason to give up, nor to remove existing text.

  i suggest that that file record only the basic boot-time params, and
the documentation for module-specific parameters be moved closer to
the module source itself.  there's no point in that poor file trying
to keep up with all of the module development in the tree.

Better yet, would be if module maintainers updated the file as they update their modules.