Re: USB Key light on/off state depending on mount

Sorry to have left this dormant for so long.

Running eject in either of the ways suggested still leaves the light on my particular key turned on.

Stefan Richter wrote:
Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
I might imagine how windows turns the LED off on unmount. Try "eject /dev/sdX", where sdX is your USB storage, after you unmount it. Be careful, especially if you have SATA (or SCSI) discs in your system or if you use libata for PATA discs not to eject the wrong one...

If there is only one USB disk connected:
# eject /dev/disk/by-path/*usb*:0

Provided you let udev create links for you.  BTW, the /dev/disk/by-id/
symlinks are nice for static mount points in /etc/fstab.

After a disk was mounted, eject also accepts the mountpoint as parameter
and will unmount the disk before it tries to eject it.