Re: [patches] [patch 3/5] x86: Add PCI extended config space access for AMD Barcelona

Andreas Herrmann wrote:
On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:33:19AM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:17:18 +0200
"Andreas Herrmann" <[email protected]> wrote:
\>
Do you see any other issues besides the naming of the bit?
I wonder if we should key this off a PCI ID of the chipset rather than
the cpu id... I mean, how sure are you that all via chipsets connected
to the barcelona cpu will deal well?

In general they should be able to deal with those accesses. They result in
extended type 0/1 configuration cycles which are defined already in HT I/O Link
Spec 1.10. So if unexpectedly problems arise then it is time to add a pci-quirk.

But at the moment there is no need for further discussion on this subject
because Andi refuses to add support for Barcelona CF8/CFC ECS access.

Well, they don't add any functionality, do they? As such, I would agree with Andi -- we only need one method which can (correctly) access the full configuration space, since it'll look the same on the bus anyway.

	-hpa