Re: [patches] [patch 3/5] x86: Add PCI extended config space access for AMD Barcelona

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:33:19AM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:17:18 +0200
> "Andreas Herrmann" <[email protected]> wrote:
> \>
> > Do you see any other issues besides the naming of the bit?
>
> I wonder if we should key this off a PCI ID of the chipset rather than
> the cpu id... I mean, how sure are you that all via chipsets connected
> to the barcelona cpu will deal well?

In general they should be able to deal with those accesses. They result in
extended type 0/1 configuration cycles which are defined already in HT I/O Link
Spec 1.10. So if unexpectedly problems arise then it is time to add a pci-quirk.

But at the moment there is no need for further discussion on this subject
because Andi refuses to add support for Barcelona CF8/CFC ECS access.

Regards,

Andreas

--
Operating | AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG,
  System  | Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany