Re: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing

On 01/09/07, Theo de Raadt <[email protected]> wrote:
> When companies have taken our wireless device drivers, many many of
> them have given changes and fixes back.  Some maybe didn't, but that
> is OK.
>
> When Linux took our changes back, they immediately locked the door
> against changes moving back, by putting a GPL license on guard.
>
> Why does our brother Linux take a file that is 90% BSD licensed,
> and refuse to let us see the 10% he adds?

Indeed, it's upsetting that people like Luis Rodriguez push for the
lawyers to be involved to (fight?) an open source project. Why, may I
ask?

Why Luis puts the phrase "legal hell" next to entirely free software?
[0] Why is he trying to go against the BSD community, which gave him
the entire HAL framework for the driver in question?

Best regards,
Constantine.

[0] http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=118857712529898&w=2