Re: [patch v3 1/1] md: Software Raid autodetect dev list not array

On 8/28/07, Randy Dunlap <[email protected]> wrote:
> Michael Evans wrote:

> >> Not another list; just cc: [email protected] so that he can merge
> >> it into the -mm kernel patches for testing.  Most patches cook in the -mm
> >> kernel(s) before they are merged into mainline.
> >>
> >> Then generally the subsystem maintainer(s) are responsible for sending
> >> patches on to Linus for merging into mainline, if/when they are happy
> >> with the patch and they think that it has been tested enough.
> >>

> > So I should look at the git documentation again, try to pull down
> > Andrew's latest -mm, and see what I need to change (if anything) to
> > patch against it?  (I would probably only verify that boots once my
> > self given the other testing this has already seen and how often mm
> > breaks things my mythtv box likes, such as nvidia-drivers, etc,)
>
> -mm is available only as a patchset, not via git.
> There has been a git version of it, but it's not currently working and
> hasn't been for 2 months or so.
>
> I mostly use the grab_kernel script that I mentioned.  It knows how
> to download linux-2.6.M and how to apply -rcN, -gitN, and/or -mmN
> patches to the base (linux-2.6.M).
>
> E.g.:
> grab_kernel 2.6.23-rc3-git6 $PWD
> or
> grab_kernel 2.6.23-rc3-mm1 $PWD
>

> --
> ~Randy
> *** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***

Gentoo's mm-sources is version 2.6.23-rc3-mm1, which I'd guess is
close enough for an area like this.  Given that I didn't need to make
any changes to the patch should I just submit it to the mm for testing
without rebooting in to an mm-sources kernel?  I need to schedule when
I do that so it would take me overnight to do so.