Re: [patch v3 1/1] md: Software Raid autodetect dev list not array

Michael Evans wrote:
On 8/28/07, Randy Dunlap <[email protected]> wrote:
Michael Evans wrote:
On 8/28/07, Bill Davidsen <[email protected]> wrote:
Michael Evans wrote:
Oh, I see.  I forgot about the changelogs.  I'd send out version 5
now, but I'm not sure what kernel version to make the patch against.
2.6.23-rc4 is on kernel.org and I don't see any git snapshots.
Additionally I never could tell what git tree was the 'mainline' as it
isn't labeled with such a keyword (at least in the list of git trees I
saw).
I suspect you wait for 2.5.23 release, or send it to AKPM for inclusion
in an "-mm" kernel. That's probably desirable, anyway.

--
There's another list I should CC to?  Or does the section maintainer
do that when they're happy with the patch?

Then generally the subsystem maintainer(s) are responsible for sending
patches on to Linus for merging into mainline, if/when they are happy
with the patch and they think that it has been tested enough.

So I should look at the git documentation again, try to pull down
Andrew's latest -mm, and see what I need to change (if anything) to
patch against it?  (I would probably only verify that boots once my
self given the other testing this has already seen and how often mm
breaks things my mythtv box likes, such as nvidia-drivers, etc,)

-mm is available only as a patchset, not via git.
There has been a git version of it, but it's not currently working and
hasn't been for 2 months or so.

I mostly use the grab_kernel script that I mentioned.  It knows how
to download linux-2.6.M and how to apply -rcN, -gitN, and/or -mmN
patches to the base (linux-2.6.M).

E.g.:
grab_kernel 2.6.23-rc3-git6 $PWD
or