Re: [POWERPC] Fix for assembler -g

But there is no lparmap.o!  lparmap.s is the generated file.

Yeah, tell that to scripts/Makefile.lib:

	_c_flags       = $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS_$(basetarget).o)

What would do what a person expects is $(CFLAGS_$(@F)), I think.

Looks good to me.  Sam?  We wanted to set CFLAGS_lparmap.s .

To avoid confusion (in most cases) setting CFLAGS_file.o
does the expected thing in case on .o, .s, .lst and .i targets.
So the general and easy to remember rule is to set CFLAGS_file.o
and then kbuild takes care of the rest.

Yeah, that makes sense in the "normal" case.  In this case, the
generated .s file is actually used in the build process though,
so it was a bit confusing.

I assume you already did so and it solved your problem - no?

Sure, it was just a question "is this the right thing or not".
In any case, the problematic thing will be removed completely
here :-)

Thanks for the explanation, it all makes sense now,

Segher