Re: Problems with IDE on linux 2.6.22.X

On 08/22/2007 01:00 AM, Alan Cox wrote:

"Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA/SATA support"

Not for the newer chips. You want ATA/SATA (PIIX and possibly AHCI)
support from the new drivers, SCSI disk and SCSI cd.

That _is_ the *config description for the new (CONFIG_ATA_PIIX) driver (in 2.6.22.x).

where you may need to boot with a "libata.atapi_enabled=0" kernel parameter.

Why deliberately disable atapi when you need atapi ?

Because he described the problem that if he got his (SATA) disk supported he lost his (PATA) DVD drive. Although I'm as said not completely sure it would actually work, I suggested compiling in both ATA_PIIX (yes, and sd) for his drive and the IDE PIIX/ICH driver and ide-cd for his DVD, where if it works at all, passing the above option may or may not be useful.

But his report, although expansive, was a little unclear. Let's wait for what happens with only ATA_PIIIX.

Rene.