Re: Kernel / Fliesystem Error

Chris Holvenstot wrote:
I think that I may have spotted a minor bug in the 2.6.23 kernel and its
relationship with the EXT3 file system.  I apologize in advance if I am
mistaken, reporting a problem that is already known (I did not spot it
in Bugzilla) or if I am reporting it to the wrong forum.  I made the
decision a just a few weeks ago to participate by running my system on
the newest kernels and this is the first issue I have attempted to
report.

And I know that you have stumble a few times before you get the hang of
it.

I note that on the 2.6.23-rc1, rc2 and rc2-git1 systems that when I boot
I receive the following message each and every time:

/dev/sda1:  Superblock last write time is in the future.  FIXED

The problem here is that your clock is wrong either at mount (boot) time or unmount (shutdown) time. There's nothing wrong with ext3, except that it happens to be noticing this condition.

	-- Chris