Re: high system cpu load during intense disk i/o

Hello again,
Hi!
was my report so complicated? Perhaps I shouldn't have included so many oprofile outputs. Anyway, if anyone wants to have a look, the most important is two_discs_bad.txt oprofile output, attached on my original message. The problem is 100% reproducible for me so I would appreciate if anyone told me he has similar experiences.
Probably nobody replied to Your message because people at this list think that Your problem isn't kernel related. In this moment I'm using "Arch Linux" too, so I checked /etc/cron directory. There simple jobs You are talking about are not so simple:
- update the "locate" database,
- update the "whatis" database.
Both jobs are scaning "/" partition. I don't know how dcron works, but I can imagine situation in which it is polling cron.daily and says: "hey it wasn't done today yet" and it is starting same jobs over and over again. More and more tasks scans the "/" partition and in result access is slower and slower.

Thanks, Dimitris
Let me know if I'm wrong
Rafał