Re: [ck] Re: Linus 2.6.23-rc1

Interesting... Trying to avoid reading email but with a flooded inbox it's
quite hard to do.

A lot of useful discussion seems to have generated in response to people's
_interpretation_ of my interview rather than what I actually said. For
example, everyone seems to think I quit because CFS was chosen over SD (hint:
it wasn't). Since it's generating good discussion I'll otherwise leave it as
is.

As a parting gesture; a couple of hints for CFS.

Any difference in behaviour between CFS and SD since they both aim for
fairness would come down to the way they interpret fair. Since CFS accounts
sleep time whereas SD does not, that would be the reason.

As for volanomark regressions, they're always the sched_yield implementation.
SD addressed a similar regression a few months back.

Good luck.

--
-ck