Re: [patch] add kdump_after_notifier

* Bernhard Walle <[email protected]> [2007-07-26 18:14]:
> * Vivek Goyal <[email protected]> [2007-07-26 17:54]:
> >
> > That's true. Its not mainline. We had similar discussion in the past
> > also. I think we should allow only audited code to be run after panic().
> > Leaving it open to modules or unaudited code makes this solution
> > something like LKCD where whole lot of code used to run after the crash,
> > hence was unreliable.
> >
> > If KDB goes mainline, then I think it is not a bad idea to call debugger
> > first (if it is enabled) and then one can trigger crash dump from inside
> > the debugger.
>
> Well, after thinking again about this, I think the best solution would
> to call kdump from KDB with a command as it was done by LKCD.

Ok, but that doesn't solve the problem (it would solve the opposite
problem).

My question is: Why cannot kdump use the notifier call chain? Wouldn't
this simplify things in general, apart from KDB. Not talking about the
priority of kdump now ...

Thanks,
   Bernhard