Re: [BUGFIX]{PATCH] flush icache on ia64 take2

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:05:06 +0200
Zoltan Menyhart <[email protected]> wrote:

> KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:
>
> > Then, what should I do more for fixing this SIGILL problem ?
> >
> > -Kame
>
> I can think of a relatively cheap solution:

Maybe I should take performance numbers with the patch.

But is it too costly that flushing icache page only if a page is newly
installed into the system (PG_arch1) && it is mapped as executable ?

I don't want to leak this (stupid) corner case to the file system layer.
Hmm...can't we do clever flushing (like your idea) in VM layer ?

-Kame