Re: Hibernation Redesign

Al Boldi wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:

In the end, you'll get rid of freezer problems, but will have two
kernels to care about, and certainly more conventional design. I do
not think I have time to try that (and don't think freezer problems
are _that_ bad in the first place), but some interested soul could
certainly try it.

Who said we need two kernels? You could inline it like Xen, which would give you one kernel with two modes: normal and hibernate.

kexec can boot the currently running kernel image. There is no
need for two kernels.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.