Re: [2.6 patch] the overdue eepro100 removal

On 7/10/07, Bill Davidsen <[email protected]> wrote:
If there were any benefit to removing a working driver I would at least
be able to see it as a resources issue, but as far as I can see you just
seem to have a personal preference for the e100 driver and want to force
others to use it because you are so much better able to decide what
users need than the system administrators. That's one of the reasons
people choose open source, because they have a choice, and can use
what's best for them.

And be thankful it is open source. If Microsoft drops a driver in
Vista you don't have a choice. If Linux drops a driver you can go and
patch it back in if you feel that passionate about it.

Unfortunately things change in life but at least you have the choice
of being stuck with the old bit-rotting driver if you really want to.

Ian
--
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4/
Blog: http://iansblog.jandi.co.nz