Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1

>the
>maintainers of util-linux have well versed autotool people at their
disposal,
>so i really dont see this as being worrisome.

As long as that is true, I agree that the fact that so many autotool
packages don't work well is irrelevant.

However, I think the difficulty of using autotools (I mean using by
packagers), as evidenced by all the people who get it wrong, justifies
people being skeptical that util-linux really has that expertise
available.  Also, many open source projects are developed by a large
diverse group of people, so even if there exist people who can do the
autotools right, it doesn't mean they'll be done right.

One reason I try to minimize the number of tools/skills used in
maintaining packages I distribute is to enable a larger group of people to
help me maintain them.