Re: [AppArmor 01/44] Pass struct vfsmount to the inode_create LSM hook

On Saturday 30 June 2007 11:29, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:07:57PM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> > This is needed for computing pathnames in the AppArmor LSM.
>
> Please see the various per-mountpoint r/o thread that NACKed all the
> vfsmount additions and have the rationale for it.

The per-mountpoint flags can be checked at the vfs level instead of checking
down in the filesystems. That's all pretty nice; it avoids a number of
problems. (I think the latest patches of Dave Hansen are archived at
http://lwn.net/Articles/239630/.)

The lSM hooks are a rather different story: we cannot move LSM functionality
into the vfs without breaking the LSM abstraction. LSMs already are not
agnostic of vfsmount anymore right now. They are free to use the additional
vfsmounts, or just ignore them.

So what are the specific issues you have with this?

Thanks,
Andreas